Who we are
We are Matrix Security & Electrical Systems Ltd.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect, store and use the following personal information:
a) Your name, address, telephone numbers and personal email addresses.
We do not collect any sensitive personal data about you, such as information about your race, political opinions or religious beliefs unless we obtain your explicit consent.
In addition, we do not knowingly collect personal data from, or direct our content towards, those under the age of 16.
We may use your personal data to:
• Issue SSAIB certificates.
• Contact you to schedule corrective, routine and maintenance appointments
• comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations.
• list your details on our database.
• address any enquiries or complaints.
• If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
• We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
• Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Filling in our ‘Contact us Form’ will send the data you provide to us electronically, which we will use to contact you.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
SSAIB (Security Systems & Alarms Inspection Board)
How long we retain your data
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data – and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means – and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy, which you can request from us by contacting us.
What rights you have over your data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
How secure is my data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Where we store your personal data
We store all your personal details on a secure computer, within the European Economic Area.
The data controller responsible for your personal data is Matrix Security & Electrical Systems Ltd (Company Number 4391693.)
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact us on 0208 744 2244.